About Power Up Love

This blog isn’t about me…it's about our awesome God!

One morning, while reading in the Bible through the book of Acts, it dawned on me just how deeply committed Paul was to have walked step-by-step sharing the word of God. I thought to myself, ‘What do I do to share God’s word?’ I put my Bible down and pick up another book by a well-known Christian author, as I was reading a question in this book presented its self, “What do you do with the gifts that God gave you?” A bit tired from my 5:00am workout at the gym and the reading I began to nod off, so I decided to lie down for a short power nap. When I awoke about ten minutes later, I asked myself, “So what do I do with the gifts that God gave me?” and “What are the gifts that God gave me?” one question after another popped into my head, and just as fast as the questions came, The Holy Spirit provided me with answers and ideas; From that...Power Up Love was conceived.

My first step was to print business cards with 1 Corinthians 13:4-8. While distributing the cards one day, I meet a new friend, Jon. After I shared my story with Jon he offered to set up a blog; and a few days later PowerUpLove.com was live. It’s exciting to know that people from all around the world can share their stories, struggles, and testimonies here at PowerUpLove. Again, I think back to Paul in Acts, he had to walk step-by-step to share the word of God, but with today’s technology we can share God’s word bit-by-bit through the Internet.

I read this on a blog one day, and I often quote it when I request testimony from people. “I don’t rejoice in other people’s struggles or anything, but I rejoice in the fact that I’m not alone in carrying my burdens. I’m uplifted when I know someone is praying specifically re: particular areas in my life, just as they are encouraged knowing I’m praying for them. My heart aches when I see and realize that if I cry when my friends cry, hurt when they hurt, and I’m human… imagine how God responds to us when we’re hurting and we turn to Him for solace. What a revelation that is! Jesus is such a great listener, especially when our mind is racing...late at night.” B.Sherrie. This quote is in line with the purpose of this blog...to encourage and pray for those who are hurting, struggling, or may be searching for Amazing Love.

“...If we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. (1 John 4:12)

My name is, Joe, I love and know Jesus Christ, as my Lord and Savior! Everyday I’m fighting to keep my dreams alive with my eyes on the main prize...eternal life in His presence! And this is what I believe...love, seeks the highest good of others. It is not based on emotions or feelings. It is a decision to be committed to the well being of others without any conditions or circumstances. Love is exemplified in Jesus, “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)

If you are reading this and you don't have a personal relationship with Jesus of the Bible; don't wait! Act NOW! Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6) You can receive The Kings of Kings free gift of salvation and develop a personal relationship with Jesus by praying this prayer: Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and need Your forgiveness. I believe that You died on the cross for my sins. I repent and want to turn away from my sins. Please accept my forgiveness and come into my heart, and life... I now surrender my life to You. I want to trust and follow You as my personal Lord, and Savor! In Jesus' name, Amen.

If you've prayed this prayer accepted, and surrendered your life unto Him. He has just washed you clean; white as snow. By His grace you're saved; and by His anointing sacrifice of love all your sins have been covered. The Bible says, "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17,and Jesus said, "I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance." (Luke 15:7)

Our God is an awesome God! Just don't take my word for it; but, do these two things and find out for yourself. Number one: Pick up a Bible, or download a free Audio Bible, and read, or listen to the books of: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John and take their word for it! Number two: Find a good church that teaches the word of God, and attend it!

The Audio Bible, cards, and this blog is a free gift, but “The Greatest Gift” is God's kind of love. I hope you treasure the gift of love that God has given you and share it with others. "Go into all the world..." Jesus Christ (Mark 16:15)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." -- Jeremiah 29:11-13

May God Bless,

Joe Rodriguez

PowerUpLove.org – “The Greatest Gift”

Share your story, struggles, or testimony by clicking Here.