Father To The father-less

Anonymous said... "How has love changed your life?:

My children had two friend's over at the house Tony 10 and Tina 9. Tina was misbehaving a bit, so I asked her to sit in my office for a moment to settle the stress and defuse the tension between the children as they played. I stopped what I was doing to talk to her. I let Tina know that we don't behave in our home in the manner in which she was been behaving. I gave Tina two choices either go home or stop the disruptive behavior. I don’t think she like either choice by the look on her face. I thought it might help her understand why I was disciplining her, so I explained to Tina that discipline is a form of love. I don't know why, (maybe I could see she was missing something) but I open my Bible and showed her a couple of God's promises. I explained to Tina that God disciplines those He loves. I wanted her to know that I discipline my own children because I love them and in that same manner of love I was disciplining her. Tina looked up at me and said, "I wish I had a dad" (Tony and Tina don't have a dad at home). Wow, I wasn't expecting that.

I explained that we all share the same dad a Father in heaven who loves us more than we could ever imagine. A Father who is always watching over us in good and bad times, a Father who will listen to everything we pour out to him. A Father who will give us comfort and provide us the things we need. All we have to do is ask, and if it’s His will, God will give us what we ask for. Tina looked me straight in the eyes and said, “You mean He'll give me a dad if I ask Him?” (Kids ask the hard straightforward questions) I explained the Bible is God’s promise to us all. And His promise says if what we ask is within His will He will provide that.

I asked Tina if she would like to ask Him for a dad, she nodded and said yes. I asked if she wanted to pray with me, and she nodded and said yes again. I held her hand and prayed with her. We prayed for God protection, guidance, and His will in providing a dad. Tina’s eyes swelled up with tears as we finished praying. I asked her if she was okay, she couldn’t speak because she was all chocked up with tears, she just nodded and walk out of my office trying to hold back the tears inside. I said, “Tina its okay to cry”.

That day, at that moment, I know You came into Tina’s tender heart. I felt Your presence Lord Jesus and I pray that You remain in her and she remain in You. You’re Father to the Fatherless and our almighty Lord and Redeeming Savor.

Even if our earthly father's fail us, He is always with us. It’s okay for us all to cry, its okay to humble ourselves before Him. We never know where, when, why, and how He will use us. Just be ready for when He is ready to use you!

No comments: