God's Answer

Joe said,... "How has Love change your life?":

After reading a blog post about a young man who committed suicide, the only thing I could think of was my twenty-four year old son, Cameron who just broke up with his long time girlfriend. And how low and sad he must be feeling. Adding insult to his injury a few days ago I got into an argument with him and said some things I shouldn’t have.The Power Up Love card with the Bible verse 1 Corinthians 13; 4-8 rang loud in my head. The more I looked at the card the more convicted I felt, (God was telling me something) I was wrong, and I realized my son didn’t need a verbal lashing he needed love. When I read the post about the young man who took his life, I prayed to God that my own son would turn to Him, if ever he was to feel so helpless or confused about life.I’d been hurt, and upset by my son, and I hurt and upset him back, I was prepared not to talk to him, until he apologized to me; but, instead I prayed for God’s forgiveness, and His will.

God’s answer was simple; and I did just what I felt He willed me to do. When I saw my son the following day I gave him a big hug, and told him, I loved him. My son’s eyes swelled up, and a big cloud was lifted. Thank you Lord for answering my prayer.I’m a Christian and I love Jesus, but I know I’m far from perfect. I feel hurt and pain, and I hurt and pain others sometimes. I’m thankful to You Lord Jesus that you still love me through it all. I know if everyone knew Your perfect love and acted out with that same love things would be different all around us. Your words offer freedom, justice and hope. “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.” – Mark_1:15

UPDATE:Cameron, shared with me the other day that he’d immersed himself in the God’s word and prayed about his relationship. He said that God answered his prayer and opened his eyes and allowed him to see what was really going on in the relationship. I pray Lord that you will keep him in your love.

No comments: