Our God is Big Enough




Julie Said... "How has love changed your life?"

In December of 2007, my doctor gave me the news that my yearly test result came back with less than favorable results. A whirlwind of emotions gripped my heart. Could it be cancer? What about my family? My children? What is going to happen? Worry and anxiety flooded my emotions.

I quietly went to prayer and invited numerous friends to pray about the biopsy...After weeks of waiting and worrying...I received notification that they lost my lab tests and would have to do another.

You have got to be kidding me! I thought! How in the world do they lose lab tests? I later found out that the biopsy was thrown away by a new nurse who didn't realize it was suppose to have been sent out.

Lord, I don't know if I can wait any longer. I thought. As I began praying, I felt God's gentle presence comforting me. I quietly sat in His presence. After a short lapse of time, a strong impression invaded my my thoughts and disarmed all of my fears..."With a long life I will satisfy you!"

I began to think of all the promises He'd given me that had yet to be fulfilled. I knew that my life had not yet accomplished its final purpose and became convinced that everything would be alright. I prayed that the test results would show false and that God would completely heal my body of the suspected disease.

Two weeks later...I rejoiced with my doctor as she announced that there was no trace of any disease...and that there was no trace of the first diagnosis...I was completely well!

No matter your battle...no matter your circumstances...you can triumphantly overcome them because our God is Big Enough and He is GOOD! --Hebrews 10:23, Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.

No comments: