Valued by God



Asia said, "How has love changed your life?"

I was born in Kansas City, Missouri in the year of 1988. Since I was a young girl, I have always heard about Christ and always wanted to be saved. I remember some time after my father passed, when I was eight years old, I would pray to God every night that He would save me and that I would move to New York. As a young girl, I dealt with depression and suicidal thoughts. I was teased about the way I looked and was called all kinds of names. While going through this, I would ask God why he put me on this earth, “to be teased?” I could not understand why it seemed that no one liked me. I hated that many of my peers and some of my family members would tease me because of the way I looked. I thought there was something wrong with me and wanted to die. I also wanted someone to love me. Soon, I was twelve and I moved to New York. It was around Christmas Eve, when I became a Christian.

In my teen years, in high school I was still dealing with low self esteem and depression. I hardly had any friends and I was always to myself. Feeling unworthy and ugly, I could not look at myself in the mirror or go outside. I wanted to commit suicide and just stop all the teasing and all the feelings of unworthiness. One night, I heard of Always Sisters Conference in TN, and at this conference I was reminded of who I was in Christ. I was reminded of who God was to me, I was His daughter and He was my ABBA (FATHER). After this conference, I told God that I wanted to get serious about Him, to follow Him, for Him to mold and transform me into a Godly woman. In my third year in high school, is when I started a prayer journal, praying for family, friends and the world. Doing this, my love for praying grew. I loved that I could pray, talk to God and be with HIM. As a young person, I struggled with sexual purity, boys not liking me, past hurts and my image. So, I prayed daily that the Lord would deliver me, that I would have a forgiving heart, to be pure, to know and be secure in who I was in HIM. I would pray to God that He would put older women in my life to help me in my Christian walk and before I knew it, I had several Godly women reaching out to me. I am so thankful for the ladies God has put in my life, because I was then and still today, learning so much and growing.

Now, I am in college, majoring in social work. I want to be a school social worker. I have a heart for children and I pray that the Lord will use me to reach out to children. I am a young woman that wants to follow God and trust in His ways. My second year in college, I started to write in journals to God. As I write this, I am in my fourth journal. Through these journals, I have poured out my heart to God. I love that I can look back in my journals and see what I have written. To see what God, was doing in my life. In my journey with God, He has blessed me with mentors, prayer partners and with college friends. God has shown me many things about myself, been patient and loving with me. I am learning to be thankful for what is seen and unseen. I am becoming more and more amazed about God. I know that I still have struggles, but I am amazed at who He is, His grace and mercy He has shown me. As a young woman, I want to use every day to bring glory, honor and blessings to HIS HOLY NAME. I am learning to trust in HIM and to walk in HIS WAYS and to ABANDON my ways. In the fall of 2011, is when I am supposed to graduate from college, I can’t see the road ahead but I do know, I want God to always be the center of my life.

My hope in sharing my testimony with you is to encourage you to let God in your life. I used to be very depressed and lonely and felt like no one cared about me. I believed in a lie, but now I see that I am valued by God. When I felt broken, he healed me of my pain. I know who I am in Him. I am His child, loved by Him and cared for by Him. I know my purpose on this earth and that is to worship Him with my life. I hope that my testimony will show that God is a healer, listens to the heartbroken, and cares for you. When there is no one else, there is always God. He never changes, he loves, and heals. The Creator of this universe is amazing and my words can’t explain how mighty He is. I just encourage you to let Him in your life and enter a relationship with the Almighty God. When you do that you will see for yourself that He is amazing.


"And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord,are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit." - 2 Corinthians 3:18 (NIV)

No comments: