"I'll Leave The Gate Open"

Lee said, "How Has Love Changed your Life?":

I Grew up poor learning at an early age that if you didn't work you didn't eat, I started mowing lawns at the age of 9. At 10 my daddy died a drunk, His Pancreas ruptured spilling hydrochloric acid ("Pancreas" used for stimulating secretions of the Pancreas) inside of his abdomen area bathing his vital organs in fire, I will never forget the last night we saw him, Mom my sister and I stood helpless as he cursed God screaming so loud I thought the windows would shatter, the pain was excruciating, unbearable then the ambulance took him to the Vets Hospital where he died. Well, wanting to follow in his footsteps I started drinking in Jr. High, Hey I figured that would prepare me for High School. I graduated in a special class set aside for trouble makers in 1966.

On to Jr. College, which lasted a month, Alcohol and drugs started to become a part of everyday life, Life, what life you might ask, instead of going forward I was going backward. Then I Started abusing speed, "Warning Speed Kills" that lead to the shooting gallery the "Paranoia" became more than I could bear, next stop "Heroin" Shot heroin for about four years developing a $350.00 a day habit, I worked 8:00 to 4:30 days at an honest job, then started my second job working nights as a burglar. That wasn't enough to support my growing habit, so I turned to sales, LSD Speed Heroin, and Grass! Then everything changed. I call it my 23 years of "Hell" on earth or....

II Peter 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

23 years those words went through my mind, 23 years of hell on earth. In 1972 I met Jesus, we had a working relationship Signs and miracles followed me everything I reading the bible is true I said to myself, my success was in believing all that he said. I'm surprised at today's church a good number of people don't, and I believe the reason is there are too many books that tell us how we should believe. Seattle, The Farmers Market, or its called The Pike Place Market, I would go there and share Christ with 100's of people milling around, it was glorious, just Jesus and me and in the power of his presence I had no fear, the best part were those people that gave their lives to Christ. Next stop a Grade School south of Seattle, The Principle and a teacher both asked me to speak in front of two class rooms of students, I accepted, here's the rub preaching in a public school was illegal at the time, they The Teacher and The Principle both said Go for it! so without so much as a blink I did. Many of those children came to Christ. This was great You couldn't ask for anything better, and then my bubble burst, the Lord was about to spring something on me, didn't know what. He came to me and said your doing fine but somethings missing, that something was him, he said I want all of you, that felt weird I thought I already had done that come to find out all the fun I was having was for selfish reasons my reasons, then I knew right away what he was saying. Give God the glory I was glorying in myself, I told him I liked the feeling good part but the part about complete surrender, so like any fool in their foolish mind I said not now. Rather than choose the road that led to righteousness, I took the road that led to destruction. A word of advice when it says road to destruction it means it. The one thing he told me before I went on this journey through hell was "I'll Leave The Gate Open"If I were to fill you in on all 23 years it would become a forum filled with my testimony, some of you would like to hear it but time and space are running out because Jesus is coming soon, a lot sooner than people now. Jump from a $350.00 dollar a day smack habit and jump back to a $250.00 a Month Tequila Jones those 23 years were gradual at first then all hell broke loose. Next, the present,...

Three years ago at the kitchen table I sat with my head in my hands and then it just came out, I said Lord are you still there? I said Lord remember you said you would leave the gate open, I was afraid of what was coming next, all I could think was there ain't no way no how he'll ever speak to me again, and then he spoke. The gate is still open, and then I said it, O.k. Lord I'm all yours I don't care if you kill me doing it but get me back where I belong. A month in a coma and when I came too there he was, my Lord my Savior and my God, Thank You Jesus!

In His Service,

Lee

Btw when I was in a coma the hospital tested my blood, the Ammonia levels were so high the doctors fully expected me to die, I had become in layman's terms a complete vegetable.

No comments: